It's possible to use your own custom domain for serving images through imgix. For example, instead of serving images via
yoursource.imgix.net, you can serve them through
Setting a custom domain
To set a custom domain for a source, simply:
- Open your Source settings
- Go to the Domains section and click +CUSTOM DOMAIN
- Enter your custom domain, then click Review and Deploy
- After deploying your settings, go back to your the Source page
- Under Domains ---> Custom Domain, hover over the ? box
- Add a CNAME record and point it to the domain indicated in the ? box
For more information on setting up custom domains, see our setup article:
Does it cost extra for a custom domain?
No. We at imgix do not charge extra for attaching your custom domain to imgix.
How do I add HTTPS?
By default, you will only be able to use the custom subdomain with http. Using https requires an SSL certificate through our CDN partner and incurs additional fees—please contact Support to set this up.